MAT (December) 2018 Registration, Dates, Practice Papers and Syllabus
MAT Exam 2019 is a national level entrance test, held for admissions to MBA/PGDM programs. As MAT Exam is held four times a year, the next session is scheduled for December 9 (offline) and December 15 (online). The offline paper will be held from 10 AM to 12.30 PM and the online paper will be conducted in multiple time-slots.
Bachelor’s degree holders can apply online at aima.in, by paying an application fee of INR 1550. From this year, All India Management Association (AIMA) has discontinued the offline registrations. MAT Registration ends on November 30 (offline) and December 7 (online) respectively.
For the top colleges, MAT Cut off 2018 is expected to touch 95+ percentile. Qualifying candidates will be called for a Written Ability Test, followed by a Group Discussion/ Personal Interview round. Read on to know more about MAT 2018 for December session.
MAT Exam Dates 2018 for December Session
|Event||Pen-Paper based Test Date||Computer-based Test Date|
|MAT December 2018 Registration||October 5 – November 30, 2018||October 5 – December 7, 2018|
|The release of MAT December 2018 Admit Card||December 9, 2018||December 10, 2018|
|MAT 2018 Exam Date||December 9, 2018||December 15, 2018|
|Declaration of MAT December 2018 Result||To be notified||To be notified|
- Candidate can choose any ONE mode i.e.Paper Based Test (PBT) or Computer Based Test (CBT) or BOTH.
- Candidates opting for both PBT and CBT have the benefit of selecting additional 2 Management Institutions for sending their scores, in addition to the existing option of selecting 5 Management Institutions i.e. they can select 7 Management Institutions in total.
Highlights of MAT Exam 2018
|MAT Full Form||MAT (Management Aptitude Test)|
|Conducting Authority||AIMA (All India Management Association)|
|Periodicity||4 times a year|
|MAT Official Website||www.aima.in|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline and Online|
|Type and Number of Questions||200 Objective Type Questions|
|The validity of MAT Score||1 year|
|MAT Helpdesk||011-47673020 or email@example.com|
Trending Questions on MAT Exam
Ques. What is the MAT Exam?
Ans. Management Aptitude Test, commonly known as MAT, is a national-level entrance exam. It is conducted 4 times a year (February, May, September, and December). All India Management Association (AIMA) is the body responsible for conducting MAT. The exam is conducted in both online and offline modes. The results of MAT exam are accepted by nearly 600 B-Schools in India.
Ques. Why take MAT 2018?
Ans. There are multiple benefits to appear for MAT Exam, such as the following:
- Certified by DNV with accreditation to RVA and Quality Council of India
- Entrance test for recognized programmes
- Validated through independent studies
- Availed by lakhs of students
- Accepted by hundreds of Institutes and University Departments
- Employing the latest technology in evaluation and result processing
- Individual scorecard with candidate’s photograph
- Test Centres located all over the country
Ques. What are the best reference books to crack MAT?
Ans. There are many books available in markets these days. But, to gain an awesome percentile, you need to make a safe choice. Thus, for MAT Preparation, go through the enlisted books which use simple yet effective language, so that all your fundamentals are cleared.
- Mission MBA guide by B.S. Sijwali and Tarun Goyal by Arihant
- MAT entrance exam with practice CD by GKP
- The Pearson MAT super course with CD by Pearson
- Study package for MAT by Arun Sharma
- 10 challengers MAT: 10 mock tests for MAT by Dharmendra Mittal
- MAT score accelerator by Disha publications
- MAT solved papers by Disha experts
- Barron’s guide for MAT by Eugene D. Jaffe
- MAT Entrance guide by Deepak Aggarwal.
Ques. What is the difference between the Computer-Based Test and Paper-Based Test?
Ans. Computer-Based Test means the candidate sits in front of a computer and the questions are presented on the computer monitor and the candidate submits the answers through the use of keyboard or mouse. Each computer is connected to a server, which prepares the question set and delivers it to the candidate on the computer. Computer Based Test assumes that the candidate has a basic familiarity with the use of computers like use of keyboard and mouse operation. It is the responsibility of the candidate to acquire these skills before appearing in the test and AIMA cannot take responsibility for the same.
The Paper Based Test is generally offered on a single day to all candidates. Here, the candidate is supposed to bring Pen, HB-Pencils, Erasers and Sharper with him whereas the Question Paper & OMR Answer Sheet is provided at the Test Centre.
Ques. What are the differences between CAT and MAT exam?
Ans. Some of the major differences in CAT & MAT are given below:
- Basic Eligibility- While a candidate must secure 50% marks in Graduation to apply for CAT, there is no minimum percentage required to apply for MAT.
- Mode of Exam- CAT is conducted online, while MAT is held in both online and offline modes on different dates.
- Difficulty Level- Trends reveal that CAT is much tougher than MAT, though the syllabus remains the same for both the exams, with an additional section of General knowledge in MAT.
- Conducting Body– CAT is conducted by an IIM on a rotational basis, while MAT is organized by AIMA.
- The periodicity of Exam– While CAT is conducted once a year, MAT is organized 4 times a year.
Colleges– CAT Score is accepted by Tier I institutes and B-Schools including IIMs. On the other hand, MAT is accepted by Tier II institutes and B-Schools. Read Key Differences between MAT & eligibility conditions.
- Graduation in any discipline or an equivalent recognized degree.
- Final year students can apply on a provisional basis.
- Prior work experience is not mandatory.
- No specific limit on age.
- No restriction on the number of attempts.
The table provided below depicts the minimum marks required by a candidate to crack MAT December 2018:
MAT Online Registration 2018
Completing MAT Registration primarily involves 3 steps – Filling Application Form, Uploading Photograph & Signature and Payment of MAT Exam Fee. Here is how you can register for MAT in online mode:
- Visit MAT official website i.e. aima.in.
- Click on “Apply for MAT December 2018” button to navigate to the registration page of MAT.
- Enter your name, mobile number, date of birth and email id to register.
- Fill MAT Application Form using your personal and academic details.
- Upload scanned images i.e., colored passport size recent photograph and signature adhere to the prescribed format. Check MAT 2018 Photo Size, Dimension, Format, and Other Details
- Pay the stipulated MAT exam fee using either Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking or Demand Draft.
- Recheck all the information and submit the form.
MAT Application Fee for December Session
- The fee for MAT Exam can be paid through Credit card/debit card, net banking, demand draft or cash payment.
- Candidate can opt for both the tests i.e. PBT and CBT by paying an extra fee of INR 1100 in addition to INR1550.
- There is no fee concession for the reserved category.
- In case a candidate has chosen Demand Draft, he has to make a DD in favor of “All India Management Association” payable at Delhi.
- The DD should reach the following address on or before the last day of submission of MAT Application Form-
All India Management Association
Management House, 14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003
MAT Application Form Correction
- It may be possible that some of the candidates entered incorrect details due to lack of proper information or documents.
- AIMA does not allow correction in MAT December Application Form.
- However, for any further questions, you can contact them on 011-47673020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Top Management Exams in India
MAT (December) Admit Card 2018
- The admit card of MAT Dec 2018 will be available on December 9 (for PBT) and December 10 (for CBT).
- Separate admit cards are issued for online and offline exams.
- It contains details such as the language of paper, exam center, date & time slot of the exam, roll number and photo of the candidate.
- In case of any discrepancy observed in MAT 2018 Admit Card, candidates should immediately contact the official authority.
How to Download MAT Admit Card?
Students can follow these simple steps to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website of AIMA
- A new page will be opened on the screen.
- Enter any two details- Application Number, Date of Birth and Name.
- Click on “Submit” button.
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates are suggested to take the printout of the admit card for further use.
MAT Exam Centers 2018
- AIMA has released the list of MAT Exam Centers. The centers enlist the names of the cities where the exam will be conducted at multiple centers.
- MAT exam in offline mode is held in 51 cities, as compared to the computer-based test which is conducted in 12 cities across the country.
- MAT Exam is also conducted in Dubai and Singapore.
- While filling MAT Application Form, candidates are advised to select an exam center according to their preference.
- AIMA will preferably try to allow the chosen MAT Exam Centers filled by the candidates in the application form. The venue of the exam center and instructions will be mentioned on the Admit Card.
Exam Pattern for MAT 2018
- AIMA has not reported any changes in the exam pattern of MAT 2018.
- MAT will be conducted in both online and offline modes. However, MAT Exam Pattern will remain the same.
- The paper pattern of MAT Exam describes the section-wise distribution of questions, marks, duration, etc. This will give you a fair idea about the nature of questions.
Highlights of MAT Exam Pattern:
|Highlights of MAT Exam Pattern|
|Mode of exam||Online and offline|
|Nature of questions||Objective|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Number of sections||5 (Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Language Comprehension, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Mathematical Skills, and Indian & Global Environment.)|
|Exam duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Marking scheme||For each correct answer- +1 marks
For each incorrect answer- -¼ marks
Here is the section-wise exam pattern in MAT:
|Section||Number of Questions||Time Suggested (In Minutes)||Marks Allotted|
|Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40||35||40|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40||30||40|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15||40|
MAT Paper Analysis 2018 (February)
- Overall, the paper was of moderate difficulty level and an attempt of 105 to 120 questions can be considered as a good attempt.
- A few questions in Indian & Global Environment section turned trickier and time-consuming.
- The Data Analysis & Sufficiency section was a bit tricky.
Here is a section-wise analysis of MAT Feb 2018:
|Section||Total Questions||Level of Difficulty||Approximate time is taken (in mins)|
|Intelligence and Critical reasoning||40||Moderate||22-26|
|Mathematical skills||40||Moderate to Difficult||25-28|
|Data analysis and sufficiency||40||Quite tough||20-25|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||Easy to moderate||17-22|
Important Topics for MAT (December) 2018
- The syllabus for MAT contains questions of graduation level. It is designed to test a candidate’s General Aptitude.
- MAT Syllabus is divided into 5 sections– Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Intelligence, and Critical Reasoning, Data Analysis & Sufficiency and Indian and Global Environment.
Here are some of the most important topics in the MAT Exam:
|Mathematical Skills||Data Analysis & Sufficiency||Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||Language Comprehension||Indian & Global Environment|
|Geometry||Graphs||Critical Reasoning||Verbal Reasoning||Geography|
|Arithmetic Progression||Column Graphs||Visual Reasoning||Syllogisms||Current Affairs|
|Installment Payments||Bar Graphs||Assumption-Premise-Conclusion||Contextual usage||Business|
|Ratios and Proportions||Line Charts||Assertion and reasons||Analogies||Major corporate events|
|Arithmetic Mean||Pie Charts||Statements and assumptions||Sentence completion||Science|
|Logarithm||Graphs representing Area||Matrix arrangements||Idioms||Social issues|
|Work and Time||Venn Diagram||Coding and Decoding||Sentence Correction||International organizations|
MAT Mock Test 2018
MAT Question Paper often gives surprises to the test-takers. To your rescue, CollegeDunia has studied the previous years’ papers and came up with a model question paper of MAT 2018. The questions are based on previous year papers. MAT Mock Test will help students learn about the exam pattern, structure, level of difficulty etc. This mock paper will surely help you in your preparation and ace the exam.
How to Download MAT Mock Test?
Given below are some easy steps to download CAT Question Papers by Collegedunia:
- Click on the link for MAT Mock Test 2018
- A pdf file will open
- Download the sample paper for practice
Top MAT Coaching Centers
There can be several reasons for not clearing MAT Exam, like, not having the proper study material, improper guidance, or lack of preparation etc. To overcome all these problems, the role of MAT coaching centers comes into play. With the help of guidance from an expert present in coaching center, students can easily get into top MAT colleges.
|Delhi||Teachwell Professional Studies Institute Pvt. Ltd.|
|Smart Prep Education Pvt. Ltd.|
|Chennai||Career Launcher India Ltd.|
|Global Smart Infotech & Education|
|Guwahati||IMS Test Preparation|
– A unit of Nices
|IMS Learning Resources Pvt. Ltd.|
MAT 2018 Result & Scorecard
- The result of MAT December session will be announced tentatively in January 2019.
- MAT Scorecards will be available at the official website of AIMA. They will not be sent via post/ checked via SMS.
- MAT Score is valid for 1 year only.
- MAT Score is acceptable even to certain other Institutes for considering the admission of candidates for Post Graduate Degree / Diploma programmes, besides the above Institutes, subject to specific cut-off marks and other admission parameters.
- Nearly 600 B-Schools in India accept MAT December Result.
How to Check MAT 2018 Result?
MAT Result for December session will be announced on the official website of AIMA. Keep handy your roll number, application form number and password to check the same. Steps to check MAT result are as follows:
- Visit the official website of AIMA at www.aima.in
- Under the Quick Links Tab, select MAT Result
- A log-in screen will open.
- Enter your roll number, form number and month of test
- Click Submit to view your MAT Scorecard
- Download Result for future reference
MAT Result on SMS
MAT Result can also be checked via SMS. Write the issued Form No. and DOB (dd/mm/yy) to 54242.
- For e.g.: MATS 200193 030992 to 54242
Applying to MAT Participating Colleges
Candidates have to apply to MAT Colleges before or after the exam for which they want to take the admission. They can apply for the 5 colleges. For applying to the colleges, follow the given below procedure:
- Visit MAT official website
- Click on the link for the applying in colleges
- Enter the Registration Number and DOB
- Click on the submit button
- Apply for the colleges
- Save the form
Note: Candidates opting for both PBT and CBT have the benefit of selecting additional 2 Management Institutions for sending their scores, in addition to the existing option of selecting 5 Management Institutions i.e. they can select 7 Management Institutions in total.
Expected MAT Cut off 2018
- MAT Cut Off will be announced by AIMA in December 2018.
- It is expected that MAT cut off will go high this year. The reason behind the high cut off is the number of candidates appearing for the exam, level of difficulty of the exam and reservation norms. These are some of the factors that affect MAT Cut Off.
- The participating institutes release their separate category-wise cutoffs.
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of MAT Cut Off proceed towards the pre-admission rounds (Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT)) of the participating B-Schools.
- Candidates fulfilling the minimum cutoff criteria can apply using their MAT Scorecard. It can be downloaded from the MAT official website.
Given below is the Expected MAT Cut Off for December 2018 session based on previous year cut off trends:
|B-Schools||Expected MAT 2018 Cutoff Scores|
|Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship||700|
|Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad||650|
|Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune||600|
|PSG Institute of Management, Coimbatore||600|
|Amity Business School, Noida||500|
|Alliance School of Business, Bangalore||500|
|IFIM Business School||500|
|Acharya Institute of Management & Sciences||500|
|SRM school and SRM University||500|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management||400|
MAT (December) Counselling 2018
- After the declaration of the result, MAT Counselling rounds are conducted for admission to MBA and PGDM programs in the participating colleges.
- Candidates can find the counseling notification on the official website of AIMA at aima.in as well as on the college’s respective website.
- They are allotted seats in the colleges based on their scores in MAT exam.
- Registration for online counseling is important in order to participate in it on the provided date.
- Submission of a counseling fee should be done online.
- Candidates can also apply for offline counseling. In this, the candidates need to report at the allocated reporting center.
- At the time of MAT Counselling, it is essential to bring all your documents such as admit card, rank card, original certificates, caste certificates if any and at least6 passport size black and white and color photographs.
More than 600 colleges in India accept the scores of MAT Exam. List of some of the MAT Colleges is given below:
|Name of the Institute|
|Asia Pacific Institute of Management||EMPI Institutions|
|IILM Institute for Higher Education||IMM-FOSTIIMA Business School|
|Fortune Institute of International Business||International Institute of Health Management Research|
|International Management Centre||New Delhi Institute of Management|
|Bhavan’s Usha & Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Management||Chitkara University|
|Accurate Institute of Advanced Management||Chandigarh University|