(extended)October 28 IIT Madras has closed gate on 2019 for correction services.
New Update:- The GATE Exam 2019 Click Here below to mention link apply Application Form
This year, GATE exam 2019 date is 2019 February 2, 3, 9 and 10, in computer-based mode. Candidates visiting the official website ( https://appsgate.iitm.ac.in) and the required (Enrollment ID/ Email address & Password). Know more
Gate exam 2019 Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering or GATE is conducted for admission to M.Tech/ Ph.D. and IISc Bangalore and 7 IITs (Bombay, Delhi, Madras, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Guwahati, and Roorkee). The exam is conducted annually on a rotational basis. 65 questions in GATE exam to be solved within 3 hours. 2 types of questions are asked in GATE – Objective Type and Numerical Type.
Note! Application form PSUs is an available official website. Apply here
Facts related to GATE 2018-19
- appsgate.iitm.ac.in GATE exam official website candidates register here is an application form.
- This is year GATE added new subject statistics
- GATE Exam the question asked graduation level.
|Exam Name||GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)|
|No. of Papers & Questions||24 | 65|
|Total Marks & Maximum Score||100 | 1000|
|No. of Test Takers||Over 9 lac|
|Use of GATE Score Card for Employment||PSUs, Central Government and Government of India Organization|
What is GATE Exam?
- GATE exam is an online test. There are two type of multiple choice and numerical type questions
- Please don’t have a misconception that GATE is only meant for ME/MTech which leads to the teaching career only.
- GATE such as employment in PSUs, direct recruitment to Group A level posts in Government and Central Government of India.
- GATE qualifiers can use their GATE Scorecard for admission to Master’s Program and direct Doctoral Programs in Engg./Tech./Architect.
- The GATE Scorecard is also used to avail financial assistance (scholarship) for the post-graduate program.
- GATE Registration can be made online at GOAPS website. Check our page for GATE 2019 Registration for more information.
- The exam will also be held for international candidates in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E).
- 65 questions divided into 3 section in GATE Exam –
- General Aptitude
- Engineering Mathematics
- From Respective Subjects
GATE 2019 Exam Dates
The official notification on GATE 2019 became live for a while at gate.iitm.ac.in. The dates related to GATE 2019 events are mentioned in the following table:
|Availability of GATE Application Form||September 1 –
|GATE 2019 Admit Cards will be available from||January 4, 2019||Download GATE Admit Card|
|GATE 2019 Exam Dates||February 2, 3, 9 and 10, 2019||Over 9 Lacs Candidates Appear for GATE|
|GATE Answer Key 2019 (official)||March 14, 2019||–|
|GATE 2019 results declared on||March 16, 2019||Check GATE Results|
|Downloading of GATE 2019 scorecards will begin from||March 20 – May 31, 2019||Download Scorecard from GATE GOAPS|
|The release of GATE Counselling Schedule||March 26, 2019, onwards||GATE Counselling Registration (CCMT)|
GATE 2019 Exam Schedule
Candidates can take GATE according to their Paper Code only. As there is a huge number of aspirants, thus GATE is held in multiple sessions. The table below depicts the tentative GATE 2019 schedule for all the papers:
|DATE||SESSION||TIME (IST)||TEST PAPER CODES|
|February 02, 2019||1||9:00 – 12:00 hrs||ME, EY, PE, XE, XL|
|2||14:00 – 17:00 hrs||ME, AE, MA, PI|
|February 03, 2019||3||9:00 – 12:00 hrs||CS, MN|
|4||14:00 – 17:00 hrs||AG, AR, BT, CH, CY, GG, IN, MT, PH, TF|
|February 09, 2019||5||9:00 – 12:00 Hrs||EC|
|6||14:00 – 17:00 Hrs||EE|
|February 10, 2019||7||9:00 – 12:00 Hrs||CE|
|8||14:00 – 17:00 hrs||CE|
GATE Eligibility Criteria
GATE aspirants to check their eligibility before making the registration. They can apply for only 1 paper in GATE. The minimum academic qualification to apply for GATE 2019 is indicated below for all the applicants:
Bachelor’s degree (4 years after 10+2, or 3 years after Diploma) in the related engineering and science stream
- Master’s Degree in any branch of Mathematics in master degree Science in master degree Statistics in master degree Computer Applications in master degree or equivalent in master degree.
- International applicants possessing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in the related engineering or science stream.
- Students in final year of Bachelor’s/Master’s degree.
NOTE: Candidates with a backlog in their qualifying exam have to submit a copy of the final year mark sheets or a declaration by Principal along with the seal and signature.
How to apply for GATE 2019
GATE Registration Date: Sept 01, 2018 – Oct. 1, 2018
GATE Application Form will be available at http://gate.iitm.ac.in/ from September 01, 2018. It can be filled online through GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System).
- Register and create a candidate’s login on the website of GOAPS. Provide your email-ID, phone number and create a password to register.
- Then, fill GATE Application Form and upload the scanned images of Photograph and Signature in JPEG format.
- The next step before final submission of GATE Online Application Form is fee payment.
- The application fee for GATE 2019 is INR 1500 for general category while for reserved category and female candidates, it is INR 750.
- Application Fee for centers outside India US$ 50. For Dubai and Singapore as exam centers, the fee is US$ 100.
- GATE Exam Centers- 3 choices of centers GATE Registration.
- Don’t forget to check the actual size of the photograph and signature required for GATE Registration.
How to fill GATE Online Application Form?
The steps to be followed to fill the GATE 2019 Online Application form are explained below:
Registration- Visit the official website of GOAPS. Enter a few personal details, a valid e-mail ID and mobile number. Create a password which will be used to login later.
Filling GATE 2019 Application Form- Enter your personal and educational details in the application form for GATE. Preview the form to verify the information entered and modify the incorrect immediately to avoid discrepancies later. Note that the applications cannot be modified post final submission.
Fee payment- After saving application form candidate can make the payment by net banking, debit card and credit card. After paying GATE application fees, a fee payment number is generated which candidate.
GATE Application Form Correction
2019 GATE Exam introduced a change that once the application form is submitted, it cannot be changed/rectified.
- Candidates must fill be details and supporting documents are correct and uploaded.
- If everything is found correct then GATE Application Form will be accepted else the defects will be notified to the candidate.
GATE Application Form Status
Candidates can check their form status i.e. Visit GOAPS to check the status of the GATE Online Application. The status will be displayed from one of the below-mentioned categories:
- Under Scrutiny
- Defect Status
- Status after Rectification
- Rejected with Valid Reason
GATE 2019 Admit Card
Availability of GATE EXAM 2019 Admit Card: January 4, 2019
To download GATE EXAM 2019 Admit Card, visit http://gate.iitm.ac.in/. One must print multiple copies of admit card for GATE Exam 2019 to avoid discrepancies on the exam day.
- Admit Card carries the candidate’s name, the location of the exam center, photograph, and signature of the candidate.
- It is mandatory to verify the given information before downloading GATE Exam Admit card
- In case of any discrepancy, immediately report the conducting authority IIT MADRAS.
Download GATE Admit Card by following the steps given below:
- Candidates have to visit the http://gate.iitm.ac.in/
- Click on the GATE 2019 Admit Card Link
- Enter the Registration Number and Password
- Candidate’s admit card will display on the screen
- Take the Printout of the GATE Admit Card
GATE 2019 Paper Pattern
Exam Date: February 2 – 3 and February 09 – 10, 2019
Every GATE Exam is an online mode examination with 65 questions to be solved in 3 hours. The total estimated GATE Exam is 100 marks.
|Mode of Examination||Online/ Computer-based Test|
|Total no. of questions||65|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Sections in paper||Two, i.e. General Aptitude and Subject Specific|
- There will be two types of questions Objective type and Numerical Type there will be no choices. The answer is to be entered manually with the help of Virtual Calculator.
- there will be eight sections (A-H) in XE paper.
Marking Scheme for GATE 2019
- Candidates are marked separately for Multiple Choice Questions/Numerical Answer Type).
- For every correct answer in MCQ, candidates are awarded 1 mark or 2 marks depending on the weight of the question.
- For every incorrect MCQ, the candidate loses 1/3 or 2/3 marks for 1 mark or 2 markers respectively.
- There is no negative marking for such questions.
GATE 2019 Syllabus
GATE Syllabus will be released on the official website by IIT Madras for all the 24 disciplines. Candidates should check out the detailed syllabus for the related discipline to identify and focus on the important topics to be asked in the exam. They can click on the links provided below in the table to check GATE 2019 Syllabus for the relevant discipline.
|Paper Codes||Paper Codes|
|Aerospace Engineering (AE)||Mechanical Engineering (ME)|
|Agricultural Engineering (AG)||Metallurgical Engineering (MT)|
|Architecture and Planning (AR)||Geology and Geophysics (GG)|
|Civil Engineering (CE)||Mining Engineering (MN)|
|Chemical Engineering (CH)||Petroleum Engineering (PE)|
|Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)||Production and Industrial Engineering (PI)|
|Chemistry (CY)||Evolution and Ecology (EY)|
|Electronics and Communication (EC)||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF)|
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||Engineering Sciences (XE)|
GATE EXAM 2019 Result
GATE EXAM Result Declaration: March 16, 2019
Candidates can check the result by GATE Exam 2019 login own (Registration No. and email identity). Who qualify GATE 2019 GATE March 20 onwards can download official website.
Availability of GATE EXAM Scorecard: March 20 – May 30, 2019
Candidates qualifying GATE Exam cut off announced by IIT Madras will be eligible to download their GATE Exam scorecard. The validity of the scorecard is for 3 years. Before 2014, the scorecard was valid up to 2 years, the change in increase of the validity up to 3 years. Students download the scorecard from the website.
GATE Exam 2019 Counselling
CCMT Counseling Registration will begin from April 3, 2019
GATE Exam 2019 counseling is done separately by various IITs, NITs, and other institutes. Candidates after having qualified in GATE have to appear for GD/ PI for admission. For admissions, candidates have to check notification by GATE participating institutes.
- For admission in NITs, IIITs and in some government-funded colleges, a centralized counselling– CCMT (Centralized Counseling for M.Tech/M.Plan).
- The name of the organizing institute will be available soon after the result.
- IITs and IISc will conduct their separate counseling process.
- Most of the other participating universities and state wise institutions will conduct their own counseling process.
All the IITs conduct their own counseling process for the admission in the M.Tech program.
Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP)
The following information is asked while registering at COAP-
- GATE Registration Number
- GATE Scores
- Date of Birth
- Email ID
- Phone Number
PSU through GATE
Candidates applying for GATE 2019 will have two options based on GATE score – either to continue with the studies with a Master’s degree or apply for a job with the public sector gate 2019.
- All the top hire graduate engineers based on GATE for various job profiles.
- Candidates have to register separately for all the PSUs and GATE.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for the selection rounds conducted separately by all PSUs.
GATE Cut off
GATE cut off is the minimum score which must be scored by the candidate in order to reserve a seat. The cut off varies for different institutes, streams and the category of the candidate.
|STREAM||GENERAL CATEGORY||OBC CATEGORY||SC/ST CATEGORY|
|Electronics & Communications Engg. (EC)||25||22.5||16.6|
|Computer Science & Information Technology(CS)||25||22.5||16.6|
Benefits of GATE 2019 Scorecard
GATE Scorecard validates that candidate appeared and qualified GATE. The benefits of GATE Scorecard are enlisted below:
Enrollment in Masters and Ph.D. Programs
- A decent GATE Score can fulfill any aspiring engineer’s dream of studying from an IIT or NIT.
- GATE enables candidates to seek admissions in M.Tech. /M.E. / M.S. in their respective discipline in IITs or NITs or institutes in Germany and Singapore depending on the GATE Cutoff released by them.
- Some IIMs reserve seats for admissions to doctoral programs through GATE.
- Various known PSUs (Public Sector Undertaking) recruit eligible and qualified candidates for different posts.
- Candidates are offered high compensation packages and other benefits (medical benefits and other aids).
- CEL, MDL, GAIL, BHEL, Cabinet Secretariat etc.
- Candidates have to apply separately for the posts offered by various institutes.
- The application forms for different PSUs are released on different dates and candidates have to submit the application form within the stipulated time to be recruited by the PSU.